Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grocery Store Catastrophe

Yesterday the kids and I went grocery shopping and normally I get one of the carts that has the car on the front of it for the kids to ride in and have some fun, but none were available. So, I got a normal cart, put Brooke in the front and had Bray walk with me. Well, Brayden is infamous for wanting to touch EVERYTHING. I told him if he was a good boy, and kept his hands to himself, he would get a treat when we were leaving. Well, for about the first 20 minutes he was doing really well, but when were nearing the end of our shopping trip he decided he was going to disregard what I had said and touch everything he walked by. I have always seen in the movies where children knock over big displays of things, and I freak out about that happening to me. Well, that is exactly what happened yesterday. I had stopped to get some meat and Brayden kept leaning against and touching this big tower of canned mixed fruit. I told him to stop. He did it again and the second time he did, all the cans came crashing down, scattering all over the floor! I was mortified. Everyone in the store stopped to stare, and of course Brayden broke out in tears. There I was trying to pick up and rebuild what must have been 50 cans of this mixed fruit. I couldnt believe that no one even offerred to help me. So, I finished setting all the cans in this, ugly crooked tower and we finished up our shopping. Brayden was quiet for the rest of trip and as we were getting in the car he puts his hands around my neck while I was buckling him in and says "I'm sorry mom. I wont touch the cans again. Please dont tell daddy." I just giggled. He was so sincere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah I remember these days with me, I did the same exact stuff to dad and my mom, kids never do exactly as you tell them, lol. I cant believe nobody offered to help out; that's very rude of other people.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker