Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Playin at the Park with Pappa













On Sunday we went to my dad's house and we took the kids to the park by his house. The kids had a great time!! Brooke really enjoyed these bouncy animals! She would bounce back and forth and bob her head. Brayden loved the swings! He said he was Spiderman! He was going really high! I was proud of him because normally he is pretty scared to do that kind of stuff. We saw this huge Great Dane at the park. The kids really got a kick out of it! I dont think they quite knew what to think of this big dog. The weather was beautiful, although a little overcaste. It ended up raining a little bit later in the day. All in all it was a great day :)
The kids have been growing and developing so much every day! I guess since I have been at home I get to notice all the little things now and I LOVE it! Brayden is curious about EVERYTHING! He really wants to know what everything is and how it works. He likes to take things apart and put them back together. He really has a creative little mind. Brooke is quite the little girl. She is really into baby dolls now. She rocks them and shh's us if she is trying to "put them to sleep." Its really funny. Other than that I have had a chance to work with Brayden on his numbers, letters, shapes, colors etc. He is doing pretty well. I got some cool stuff from a teacher supply store to help him. He knows his colors really well and he can count to ten perfect, but beyond that he has a little trouble. He bounces around in numbers... "12345678910....11 13 4.." haha Shapes we have been using our sidewalk chalk for, so that is a work in progress and letters he is doing pretty well. We have flash cards and workbooks that we focus on one letter each day.
Other than that, we are just baking yummy stuff for dad and spending some quality time playing and having fun. I am LOVING being a stay at home mom! I couldnt imagine spending my days doing anything else now.


3 comments:

Maren said...

dang it! i wish i would have known you were dog hunting. your kids would have loved him. we have had lots of interested people. now i just need to find the perfect home from those people.

Maren said...

also, me and scott were talking about you guys as we drove by your old neighborhood on our way to costco. where did you move to?

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I'm so happy for you Jen! Give them kisses from me ;) I miss them sooooo much!!!

xx

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker