Monday, April 6, 2009

Our little adventures

I just thought I would update you all on what we have been up to. I have been continuing my brothers boot camp and it has been awesome. I feel great! A new part of my body seems to be sore each day, So I think it is working! :) Nathan isn't too thrilled about being back on a "healthy diet," but its been good for the both of us.

I have also been reading the Twilight series and am totally consumed by them! I read the first 2 of the series this week alone. I am probably going to pick the 3rd up today. (I think Nathan has felt a little neglected because any free time I have had, I have been reading...) Only 2 more I keep telling him ;)

Last Friday we went to go and donate blood at United Blood Services. We had seen a very touching "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" a few weeks before and both realized how important it is to donate. Well, in the past I have not been able to donate because of my low iron, but surprisingly enough, I was good to go this time :) I was pretty nervous because I am very squeamish when it comes to needles. Talking about it now makes me a little on edge... but I did fine. Right up until my whole pint of blood was full. All the sudden this heat rushed over me into a sweat and I became all lightheaded and nauseous. It was scary! The technician looked at me in fright and hurried to do what he could to make me feel better. A few minutes passed and my blood pressure finally stabilized. Leave it to me to be the one to get sick... haha. Nathan wasn't able to donate because you have to wait a year after getting a tattoo and he had gotten his Twins one last June. So in June we will be going again. YAY lol

Friday night Nathan and I went to the Kid Rock concert at the Tempe Musical Festival. Its been windy and cold here!! But, it still was fun. Nate was happy that he sang some different songs that he had not gotten to hear live before. A few other bands were there. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers and The Outlaws.

Saturday morning we went to Freestone Park to get our family pictures taken. The kids were... less than cooperative, to put it nicely. I am not sure what the deal was, but they were not liking the whole picture taking fiasco. We tried everything... playing by the water looking at the ducks, climbing on rocks and trees, but when it came time to take the picture they would not smile they would run away as fast as they could. Hopefully we got a few decent ones out of our 2 hour session. Jared, our photographer was so patient! I am grateful we were at least with him in a park, then in a studio. Things could have been much worse!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only blood donor to get ill... I can't donate because I don't weigh the prerequisite 110 lbs, but I did it anyway once and I ended up passing out on the Dobson High gym floor while walking away from the donation chair in front of the entire student council, the United Blood staff, 40% of the faculty, and about 300 other do-gooder students. The nurse kept me through lunch and through 4th hour Biology until I had made a full recovery. The lesson I learned? Never lie about your weight.

The Bakke's said...

hahaha thats so funny!! Sounds like your episode was much worse than mine! I cant believe they believed that you were 110lbs!! I would have a hard time believing that now.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker