Thursday, December 11, 2008

My little Mommy


I walked into Brooke's room today to check on her and this is what I found :) She had her baby dolls lined up on diapers getting ready to change them. She is so funny! I love how she wants to be such a big girl and do all of these things!
So I need some advice! Nap-time has been a NIGHTMARE! Every day I swear it takes us at least an hour, if not 2 for the kids to FINALLY lay down and stop getting into their toys. I have tried laying them down a little later, seperate rooms, taking all the toys away? But they refuse to take a nap!! They need one becuase if they dont take one, they are trying to go to bed at 6:00 and are up at 4:00 am. That just doesnt work! Any ideas?? Anyone else have this problem? I honestly am at a loss. Let me know if you have any advice :) Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Mom-Yo'Momma-Gramma-Nana said...

First I would start by putting it on the written schedule. Show it to them and then reward them with "stickers" on the board. If they get a sticker for each day then say on Friday they get a special treat like desert on Friday or pick up some cheap toys at say big lots and make it the "treat bag" and they get to pick one at the end of the week.

The Bakke's said...

Thats a good idea mom thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Jen! River puked on my computer earlier this week and, in addition to trying to get it repaired, I've been missing the Bakke World!!!

I never had a problem putting kids down for naps before! OMG that's so weird.

Well, first of all; no toys and a later nap time are both excellent ideas. Have you considered the fact that Brayden is simply just done napping? Believe it or not, there does come a time when kids just stop napping. River hasn't napped since he was Brayden's age and Autumn has been a sporadic napper for months now.

The key to no-napping kids is giving them an hour or two of quiet time in the afternoon, which is just enough to keep them awake until 7 or 8 o'clock. And don't worry... they'll sleep all night; although an early morning might be in store.

If you think they still need naps, then I suggest playing hard in the morning and then a full serving of protein at lunch. My rule is the television stays off until after lunch; which only posts the problem of what to do until then, but it's not hard to figure out..... most days.

Good luck!

The Bakke's said...

Thanks Missi! Ya I was thinking Brayden might be done with naps. He doesnt even fall asleep in the car in the afternoon like he used to. I will have to just do quiet time :) Brayden also keeps Brooke awake, so I think that is my other problem! That totally stinks about River puking on your laptop! Poor guy (and poor you!!!) I have missed your updates too! I hope all is going well for you guys!! The kids miss you and ask about you often :)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker