Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

I have been bad about updating this for the last few weeks. Truth be told, I havent taken any pictures to post on here. I was trying to post this really cute video that I took of Nate and the kids during storytime before bed, but I was having the hardest time...?

Anyway, the kids are doing GREAT! Brayden is becoming such a smart little boy. He will read along with many of the books we read each night. His favorite is "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo." I have been watching a few boys a couple days a week, and he is having so much fun with them! He is always asking me when his friends are going to come over.

Brooke is getting to be so big! She is catching up with Brayden in height! I think she is going to be a tall girl!! Volleyball? Basketball? I dont know! :) She is finally starting to get more brave with words.... Still not talking like I wish she would be, but I guess it takes time.

Nathan is working hard as usual to support us. He has been doing so well. This past weekend was a 4 day weekend for us, so that was nice! Unfortunatley I was sick for most of it, but being the great hubby he is, he took good care of me :)

Not much else going on with us... we are trying to plan a trip to San Diego here in a couple weeks :) We want to take advantage of a 3 day weekend Nate is going to have, plus we think the kids will really enjoy Sea World! I have never been, so I am pretty excited!

8 comments:

Maren said...

seriously, you havent ever been to sea world? it is so much fun and your kids will LOVE it! glad you are feeling better.

Brent and Brooke said...

Jen, your hair is os cute. It is longer now...since I haven't actually seen you in like forever. You need to post more pictures of you too.

San Diego trip would be so fun, def. a good time for your kiddos.

The Lake's said...

Hi our computer is working now, and by the way it was not you I know who it was and it wasnt you so dont worry! The kids are so cute! I didnt get to see the christmas pics and they are so cute! do you want to sell Brayden's crib if you still have it?

Aimee said...

If you head to CA have fun. Just heard on the news the other day that you can lock into a 30 year mortgage at lower than %5. You could pretty much steal a house in MN right now. We hope you are still thinking about it :) Hugs to everyone!! I just scrapbooked the pages of when you guys were here this summer. The girls loved looking at the pictures and pointing to Brooke and Brayden.

Anonymous said...

You are going to LOVE Sea World. Steve and I took the kids there last May... it was awesome.

The two biggest pieces of unsolicited advice are: Pay the extra $ for up-close parking; it's well worth it when you have to trek back to the car with tired kids and a stroller. Also, don't take them into the gift shop for souvenirs. Instead, save yourself a tantrum or two by asking them what their favorite part was when the day is almost over and then go in alone to find a little something that's suitable. (ie: Autumn liked "Shaboo" best, so I walked in and picked up a stuffed Shamoo for her.) Not only were there no tantrums, but I got to stick to my budget without having to tell anyone 'no'. I hate 'no' on vacation.

You guys are going to have a blast!

The Bakke's said...

hey great advice thanks!! I am getting SO SO excited! :)

Maren said...

be thankful he got tied up at work because the bead party is THIS tuesday, not last tuesday. it is the 27th at 7 and honestly, it goes until atleast midnight. the last party i went to, i left at midnight and there were still a bunch of people there.

Sanfilippo said...

Hey Jen! So have you guys set a date for the trip yet? It sound like it will be way fun!! I'm jealous :)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker